Pages

Sunday 27 December 2015

The Story In The Carols

I don't like to leave things unfinished.  This post will, for me, just tie it all up neatly.  

This December was unexpectedly harder for me.  This is why the posts just quietly stopped. 

But we didn't stop.  My Christmas enthusiasm was carried by my children, one in particular, who continued to celebrate and make memories even on the days when I couldn't.  

And that for me was a gift; knowing that they have caught, and cherish our traditions of the past years.  

This was my present from Butterfly... She gets it :)
We attended a Christmas parade with friends.
Crystal and Butterfly with Friend #1
Blossom and Crystal with Friend #2
Arrow and Cedar watching the bikes.

We finished our Story Beads.  I managed to finally find the crotchet cotton I wanted to use, rather than wool.  


Butterfly set up little things around the house to add to the festive feel.







*Broken Glass Jelly*


It's No Fairy Tale

For a few months a little group of home educated children practiced a play written by a home educated young lady.  Butterfly, Blossom, and Crystal were all a part of the production.

They were very privileged to be able to record their little show at a radio station and have it aired just before Christmas.  This was a really neat experience.
Listening carefully to the radio man.
Blossom speaking her lines.
Butterfly speaking her lines.
Crystal speaking her lines.
The choir
Butterfly sang a duet
Crystal surprised us by singing a solo like an angel!
She is a natural.

The group performed the play at our local home educators end of year break up.
Centre of photo Blossom, Butterfly, Crystal
Crystal singing her solo
Butterfly dancing
Butterfly singing her duet
Blossom and Crystal dancing
Blossom and Crystal dancing

To listen to the radio broadcast online  *It's No Fairy Tale*

Blossom speaking @ 1:37
Butterfly's duet @ 4:39
Butterfly speaking @ 7:07
Crystal's solo @ 7:53
Crystal speaking @ 9:00

Merry Christmas
~Lorna


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your wrap up post; and for including the link. Daisy & I will enjoy listening thru.
    Praying for you dear friend.
    with love, Chelle.
    PS: I see your small paw print on my Christmas (teen) list ♥ ☺

    ReplyDelete