Pages

Thursday 4 December 2014

December Day #4

Day #4, and to be honest I am a bit tired.  This has been a busy week with term 4 activities winding up.  But onward we press...

Today our angels were sitting on my little shelf above my kitchen bench where I have my Grandma's silver cruet set.  They are holding a picture of Mary.

Mary was quite a young lady.  I like how the Bible says she pondered "these things" in her heart.  Mary had LISTENING EARS, WILLING HANDS, and an OBEDIENT HEART.

Due to time constraints today we didn't do our craft for this...but tomorrow is a new day! (With a LOT of crafts to complete - haha)

We did do our The Truth In Tinsel craft however.  We made yesterdays angels.  They were rather fiddly so I had to make them.  I LOVE them...they are so pretty!!
Gold ribbon, small bell, silver pipe cleaner, god wrapping paper = Angel

We also made Mary figures.

While we were busy doing the crafts Butterfly said "Mum, you have a message on your phone" and this is what she brought to me...
I'm keeping that one!  


Today it was Butterfly and Blossom who opened the books.
The books are:

  • Josie's Gift.  This one is always a little bit hard to read if one wants to remain completely composed.  It is a beautiful story about a girl who learns "Christmas is not about what we want.  Christmas is about what we have."
  • Room for a Little One is a very sweet version of the events in the stable as seen through the eyes of Kind Ox, Old Dog, Stray Cat, Small Mouse and Tired Donkey!

This is one of our most favourite Christmas movies!  It has nothing to do with Jesus, but it is such a lovely story! 


And today's creative snack is a banana and strawberry candy cane shape!
Of course it would look better if the stick part was longer, but do you know how many bananas and strawberries I would need for 8 people??  So we learn to be content with less than we might WANT and thankful that we get to have it at all!

~Lorna








No comments:

Post a Comment