Pages

Monday 8 December 2014

December Day #8

Our angels spent the day beneath the shade of Arrow's bean plant.
They were holding the picture of a tree.  I don't want to go into the whole history of the tree and if it is ok to have one... it is the epitome of the season.  And who doesn't love to decorate a tree?  I mean who puts a tree in their house and decorates it for any other reason?  Now is a good time to do such an odd thing...ok?!  Righto...
So our devotional talks about the connection between Christmas and Easter.  We do not call it Easter (hard habit to break after a lifetime of saying it!).  I personally like to say Passover and focus on that... but you will have to wait until next year for that!
Without the birth of Jesus we cannot have His death.  They go together.  Which is more important?  Both.  Without His birth there would be no death, and without His death His birth has no meaning.  
When we look at our tree with think of... how beautiful it looks especially with the pretty lights... but we should also remember the tree can remind us that Jesus died on a tree (a cross), of His promise of everlasting life (evergreen trees don't "die" back in the winter), and of what God will do in our lives when we follow His ways..."...shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water...whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper" Psalm 1:3

We don't have a tree yet.  It rained the day we planned on picking one up.  I want a real tree - they smell nicer and they don't have dangerous sharp pokey branches!  

No crafts today.  Fun with cousins instead.  We made snowman oreos.
I did it!  I finally got him on camera!  Eagle informed my sister and myself that he has looked up the proper way to melt chocolate buttons for dipping.  I don't argue.  The fact is he does know an awful lot more than me about random things.  I let him take over...gives me time to sneak a photo!  




Snowman faces...fun to make, gone in seconds!


Unwrapping books today were Arrow and Crystal.
The books are:

  • T'was the Night Before Christmas.  Old classic.  It was mine when I was a child.
  • The Candy Maker's Gift.  THIS is the book they were all wanting desperately to open!  This is the one they all were longing to hear me read.  The illustrations are beautiful and the story is lovely. (I need another word!)  My mum gave us this one.  This is the You Tube link to it being read by the author; Listen here.
 
~Lorna






No comments:

Post a Comment