Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Maths Fun

This morning I dusted off my box of math manipulatives and games.  I've been a bit boring lately just using work books.  Arrow is not at all keen on pencils or book work so these will be his daily math for a while.  He LOVED it!  In fact he just asked me to get them out again this afternoon!  Awesome.  

Look at that "happy math" face!  Here is putting little peg legs on caterpillars.
Cedar joined in.
This simple activity covers fine motor skills, number recognition, counting skills, patterns, number sequencing...and FUN!
Blossom is my helper.  She is always looking for ways to serve; she likes to feel all grown up.  Here she is helping Cedar with his number recognition.
Crystal likes maths.  She attended a math program in the holidays which she enjoyed.  I showed her this puzzle game called Diamond Tens.  Each square joins together with another with their adjacent numbers adding to ten.  It really is much more fun doing it this way than writing it in a book!
~Lorna

No comments:

Post a Comment